Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sorry we've been gone so long...

Mom got this message on Facebook (which she is still to lazy to sign us up for) and was wondering if anyone has any ideas. The kitty is in West Bend Wisconsin (we think). Any clue? Would having a vet go in and remove what's left of her ovaries help with the clingyness and being mean to da other kitty?


Hi Donna! Long time no talk. I need your help. Here's the story. I have two cats. My one cat Diamond, I can't take care of her anymore but I got her from the humane society and I don't want to send her back there. She's a special cat with special needs and I want to find a home that will work for her.

So, when I got her from the humane society they said she was spade. When I took her to the vet they confirmed that, but then she went into heat. I took her back to the vet and they said that wherever she got spade, they may not have gotten everything out, so she could still go into heat. They said that this could cause some health issues for her. I can't afford to have this taken care of.
Also, she's a very "needy" cat. She is extremely affectionate, which is cute as can be, but it's excessive for a cat. I grew up with cats, and I've never seen a cat like this. When I got her from the humane society they said that the people who dropped her off said they couln't take care of her anymore and that she had grown up with dogs. I don't know if she never got the attention she needed as a kitten, that's kinda what it seems like to me. I give her as much attention as I can, but it's not enough. Also, the more time I spend with her the meaner she is to my other cat. All pets have their own personalities, and I'm wondering if she would be better off as an only pet. I can't take care of these issues. Do you know anyone who can? I want to make sure she lives with someone who will take the time with her that she needs. She LOVES to be talked to. I just speak very quiet and gentle and she will cling onto me and eventually fall asleep. When she sleeps she goes into very deep sleep and occassionally will wake up startled for no reason. It's like she's had a bad dream. She loves to investigate. She's my little Sherlock Holmes. Very curious, but be careful. I've found her behind the refrigerator, behind the washer...etc. And she's not afraid of anything. She's totally fearless. Except for dogs. Please let me know if you know anyone that will take special care of her.
Sorry for writing you a novel. I'm just worried about her and honestly don't want to give her up. I just don't know how to take care of her. :(


And just for fun, here is a picture of all of us bugging mom while she tries to work.

6 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

WE have missed you! WE hope you are not gone so long next time!

Fuzzy Tales said...

We're glad to see you're still around and okay. Purrs for Diamond, we hope someone can help.

The Island Cats said...

Good to hear from you guys. We sure hope someone can help Diamond. Maybe a local rescue group?

meowmeowmans said...

It's so nice to hear from you, friends!

We hope someone can help Diamond. We agree with the Island Cats ... maybe a local rescue could help?

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

TBT here: For what it's worth, Ayla had TWO failed spay operations by the breeder's vet (and still went into heat) before my own vet had to do exploratory surgery for an abdominal infection. He found 1/3 of the uterus (infected) and an ovary still there. He removed them properly, of course.

I was easily able to convince the breeder's vet to reimburse the costs of the infection operation. And Ayla has been perfectly normal ever since.

The Crew said...

Zippy dear, we saw that we missed your purrthday. Come on over today and we can celebrate all our purrthdays together!

Tipper & Max

PS Misty says that Speedy should come, too. And bring McGee & Sadie, too!